My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://modernorganicfabrics.squarespace.com/
and update your bookmarks.

December 17, 2008

Scrappy Little Nordic House Ornaments

As gifts for teachers. Based on this tutorial: Nordic House Ornaments by Orange Flower: Sketchbook - I used the templates for the roof, windows and doors. However, I wanted to make them look more whimsical (and, I was avoiding embroidery because time was an issue), so the final look is inspired by Tallgrass Prairie Studio's Little House Table Topper (a very loose interpretation!) I let the girls choose fabrics from my scraps (I pulled out reds, greens and whites to keep things simpler). Also, for my 3-year-old (who has 3 teachers) I gave her white backgrounds for her houses to prevent too much craziness!

5 comments:

Linda Summerfield said...

These are wonderful and I am sure the Teachers appreciate getting something handmade and cute!
Linda

jacquie said...

so cute melanie! when i was teaching i LOVED getting ornaments.

Julie said...

These are gorgeous!

Red Hen (dette) said...

cute little houses!

Sewing Geek said...

These are adorable! I missed that you started a new blog, it's great!